How-To: Lifecycle of an Invitation event
- Create an Event
- Add ‘Contacts’ to the Invite list
- Send the Invitations
- Before the Event – check who’s coming
- After the Event
1. Create an Event
- You can either create the event from the main page, or from the Contacts page.
- At a minimum, give the event a title, description, location and set a time and duration.
- You can choose whether to show the event on the web/ical feeds, and what organiser details will be shown and add any additional information.
- Check the reminders that will be sent out for the event
2. Add ‘Contacts’ to the Invite list
- You may have started with this step, otherwise, add people to the event, and then send the invites.
- Email contacts will receive an email allowing them to Accept or Decline the event.
- App users will receive a notification on their phone and can accept decline directly from the notification or from the app.
3. Send the Invitations
4. Before the Event – check who’s coming
- As an Admin, you can change the event at any time, and send an update. You can send an adhoc message to all participants, or even cancel the event.
- It is possible to manage individuals – move them from invited to accepted for instance, or send them an individual message, or resend the invite.
- Participants will receive automated reminders, asking them to handle their invite, or reminding them of the event, according to your settings.
- You can export a list of attendees and their comments at any time so that you are ready for the event
5. After the Event
- Not much to do now, but you can still export all attendees and send them messages.
- You can Copy the event, if you will be doing the same thing again soon!